Intro to Google My Business
At Rednosal Web Design we specialize in Edmonton Web Design for local businesses, small or large in Edmonton, Alberta and all around Canada. With every website, we create we include creating a Google My Business listing for that business. If the business has a GMB (Google My Business) already, we then optimize it for the best possible results. In this article, we will talk about the importance of a GMB for businesses and provide some tips and suggestions for improving your GMB listing.
What Is Google My Business?
GMB for short - Google My Business is a free tool that Google offers business owners to help them grow, bring in more leads and be found easier on Google Search and Maps. If you've ever searched for a restaurant near you on your mobile device, it's the first thing you will see. You can head over to Google My Business to create your free listing today!
Get More Exposure
Have you ever went on your mobile device and searched for a restaurant near you? The first thing you will see is the Google My Business profiles for three restaurants that are close to you. You will then see their proximity to you, reviews, and a little snippet of information. By creating a Google My Business page you have the chance of being found by customers looking for your business or the services you provide. It also allows consumers to easily find your location and get directions straight to your door.
Display Information That Customers Want To See
GMB allows business owners to add important information to their listing, such as business name, location, phone number, hours of operation, website address, and pictures. Having a Google My Business also makes it super easy for customers to leave reviews and for businesses to manage them. Give your business a credibility boost by having your customers leave reviews and answering all reviews (even the bad ones).
Valuable Analytics for Business Growth
On the "Insights" section of your Google My Business Page is a wealth of valuable information and analytics that break down how consumers found you. This is a great way of finding what's working and not working with your marketing strategy and seeing the most common actions that customers take on your listing. You can also see when and how many times customers call your business, the number of times your business photos have been viewed, compared to other businesses and the areas where customers request directions to your business from.
Keep customers up-to-date
If your business has new product photos, services, hours or menu items, you can easily keep customers up-to-date with the latest news about your business. You can feature the best of your business. Make sure to use the posts functionality to post your latest news, products, offers, events and more!
Google My Business Tips
- We highly suggest downloading the Google My Business App on your iOS or Android Device. You will be able to manage your business listing from the palm of your hand, as well as answer reviews, messages and questions asked by consumers Once you download the GMB App, make sure to turn on messaging to enable the "Request A Quote" function on your Google My Business listing. *Only eligible for certain businesses.*
- Another important factor on getting the best possible results with your GMB is to make sure all the information on your listing is accurate. Make sure your Name, Address & Phone Number (NAP) is the same as on your website. Don't confuse people and Google by having inaccurate information.
- Make sure to select the correct category/categories for your business. By doing this your business can appear for various keyword searches.
- Add high-quality photos to your GMB page. If you have a storefront it's important to showcase the interior and exterior of your location, team members and products you offer. Always encourage visitors to upload photos.
- Encourage reviews from your clients. Reviews will improve the visibility of your business on Google. One study show's that over 85% of consumers consult reviews on Google My Business before making a purchase. Build customer trust by responding to reviews. According to Google, businesses that respond to reviews are 1.7x more trustworthy than businesses who don't.
- Verify your Google My Business listing. You will be able to verify by postcard, phone and email (available for selected businesses). By verifying your listing you will ensure you're the only one who has access to it.
“In fact, nearly 88% of consumers have read reviews to determine the quality of a local business. A large part of this research is generally done through Google reviews.”
We hope you found this article helpful on why you should create a Google My Business listing for your business! You can contact us at anytime if you have any questions.